In order to force child support payments in the State of West Virginia, a parent can get in touch with the West Virginia Bureau for Child Support Enforcement (BCSE)for help. The bureau’s officials who are responsible for child support payments have various resources and tools with them that they can use to aid parents. These include locating missing parents, who have not been paying their child support payments, or forcing them to pay their share using various enforcement mechanisms. These mechanisms range from wage garnishments or withholding or attachment of savings.
How to File a Complaint
As per the national laws, a parent has a duty to pay child support payments that are in compliance with the regulations of West Virginia. Even if the child support order was issued in another state, the parent has an obligation to obey it, so long as it was issued by a court of original jurisdiction. This means, as long as a court has the power to issue a child support order, its issuance has to be respected, even if it is in another state. This is due to the enactment of the Federal Uniform Interstate Family Support Act, which makes child support orders enforceable across state boundaries. Other child support orders that are also enforceable are those that were mutually agreed between both parents.
If a parent has not been paying his share of child support payments and there is a backlog of payments, then these can be enforced by the relevant authorities. In order to enforce them, a custodial parent can file an application with the local child support office using the form, and by supplying relevant supporting documents and application fee.
How to Fill-in
Step 1 –
Step 2: Enter the following information about the caretaker (custodial parent) and the non-custodial parent:
- Driver’s License #
- Relationship to Children
- Contact Referenced
Step 3: Enter the following information about each child:
- Birth date
- Birth place
- Parents named on birth certificate
Step 4: Enter the following marital information
- Has either parent ever been married?
- Place of marriage
- Spouse’s Name:
Step 5: Enter the following information about the non custodial parent
- Non custodial parent’s employer
- Is the Non custodial parent incarcerated?
Step 6: Enter the following information:
- Does the child have health insurance?
- Check if there is a court hearing pending on this case.
- Check if you have safety concerns for you or your child(ren) and need extra
- Check if you are receiving WV Works (TANF), Medicaid or SNAP (Food Stamps).
- Check if there is a support order now in effect. Please provide a copy of your order.
- security for your address information.
- Check if you wish to have your case reviewed for closure due to serious safety concerns for you or your child(ren).
Step 7: Read the rights and responsibilities and sign and date and send to your local child support office.
Bureau for Child Support Enforcement
Customer Service Unit
350 Capitol Street, Room 147
Charleston, WV 25301-3703